BOONVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS:
(For Full-Time, Career Firefighters)
To access the online application, click on the EMPLOYMENT tab on the left side of the page.
(Applications will not be available prior to, or after the stated dates and times on the Employment page).
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must follow all instructions in the application packet.
- Be certified as a Basic Firefighter and First Responder by the State of Indiana.
- Be a Citizen of the United States.
- Must reside in Warrick County if hired.
- Be a High School Graduate or possess a G.E.D. Certificate.
- Valid Indiana driver's license.
- Be at least 21 years of age, but under 36 years of age.
- Not have been convicted of a Felony.
- Pass a written exam
- Pass the BFD agility test.
- Good moral character
- Must pass a criminal background check.
APPLICANT EXAM PROCESS:
- Applicants must complete the Boonville Fire Department written test or tests.
- Applicants must pass the Boonville Fire Department Physical Agility Test.
- Applicants will be interviewed by the Fire Chief or Department Board.
- Applicants will be interviewed by the Board of Public Works and Safety.
- Applicants must complete and pass any additional testing or procedures established by the department.
- Applicants will be scored on all testing and interviews; and will be placed on an Eligibility list from highest to lowest score. This list shall remain from date of certification until the Boonville Fire Department administration deems it necessary to establish a new list. The list may be active no longer than 2 years.
- Before being hired, applicants will have to complete and pass PERF (Public Employment Retirement Fund) testing, which includes a Physical Exam and Psychological Exam. Before being hired, applicants must be approved by State and Local Pension Boards.
- If an applicant for original appointment reaches his or her 36th birthday before being hired, his or her name shall be removed from the eligibility list.
- Any failure to complete or pass any of the testing process will result in DISQUALIFICATION.